Accessibility Testing - Why?
The chances are high that your website is not useable by everybody; but there is no reason why it should not be. There people who are blind, or losing their vision, others who have mobility issues, learning difficulties or cognitive difficulties. You may be able to increase your competitive advantage by making a few changes.
The issues you need to address are:
- The blind - those that use "screen readers" and whom are unable to see graphics.
- Users with low vision - they increase the font size, or change the colours to high contrast settings.
- Colour blindness - users who are unable to discern colours.
- Movement impaired - users who use a single switch to operate the computer.
- Bandwidth restricted - remote users who turn off graphics and require fast download speeds.
- Learning difficulties - users who are unable to understand or drive your site.
Most web testing services concentrate on looking at missing links, functional errors or cosmetic issues. We have expert knowledge of many of the challenges faced by the blind and vision impaired, as well as a good undertanding of the Website Accessibility Initiatives' requirements. We can provide an all-in-one service.
We can perform a quick analysis of your site and provide a report on how to make your site more accessible. We will also talk to you during the design phase to help you get your site correct from the start.
This service is also available for other software products.